Your dissertation requires a lot of meticulous planning, time and in depth knowledge. The proposal is an outline of what your dissertation is based on. Writing a well dissertation proposal is important to have a well prepared dissertation. You have to write a good proposal dissertation in order to have a master’s dissertation. An effective proposal is one that is well written and well reached.
A dissertation proposal is based on:
• Possible questions that you will be examining,
• references made to theoretical background,
• research methods you are going to be using empirical or non-empirical methods
• and what the outcomes of the study.
We at A-Mentor have the experience in writing referenced, cited and properly formatted dissertations which include essential elements. The important elements are what brings a dissertation proposal together to ensure that the proposal is of a top standard.
Dissertation proposals should show the overall plan of your dissertation. The elements of your proposal include research as well as research objectives. It is imperative to include the significance of your research and data collection methods. Say in your proposal confidently what you intend to do and suggesting the best way of carrying your study. Be consistent about the tense of your proposal. Spending time on your proposal is an investment. You will reap the rewards afterwards. Our mentors are highly qualified to develop, mentor and outline the tone and style of your dissertation proposal. We will make a positive contribution to your proposal and make sure that you choose a topic that is of interest to you.
The Basic elements of a dissertation proposal include:
• Title: Make the title short and to the point. Select a title that you will focus on throughout your dissertation on what your research is based on. Your title should be attractive, eye catching and concise.
• Introduction: Give the reasons why you have chosen the specific topic and put your ideas into a theoretical and academic context. You should also outline the problem you are going to deal with. Explain why you think it is worth investigating, describe the nature and purpose of your research and also indicate what you are hoping to achieve. We can help you with all of the above please feel free to contact us.
• Aims and objectives: You should at least have 3 objectives. Your aim of your objectives comprises with what you want to achieve with the topic .Included statements of intent that are written in broad terms. A-Mentor has experienced mentors that will help you with what you want to achieve at the end of your project. Your objectives should be S.M.A.R.T. It should be specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time constrained
• Literature Review: One of the most important aspects of you dissertation proposal is your Literature Review. You can use a descriptive writing approach. Describe the existing and established theory and research in your report. Propose something that goes against or is controversial to existing ideas. Please make sure to list all references and sources that were used and give a full citation in the reference list.
• Research Methodology: Once you have identified you Literature review it is important to focus your attention on Research Methodology for your dissertation proposal. In this section you will explain about the instruments, research tools or methods you will use to gather all your data research. Your work may be empirical or non-empirical. If your data collection is empirical it will be longer and if it is non-empirical it will be shorter.
• Findings and analysis: This section should include be used to describe everything that was discovered in your research. It will also give all the results but only the results of your research activities. The findings and analysis section can also include illustrations, graphs and tables.
• Discussion and Conclusion: This is your final section of your dissertation proposal. This summarizes all information in your proposal the topic, summary, abstract, main points of the dissertation, literature review summary, research limitations, and research findings.
Writing a proposal is challenging however before you submit your dissertation proposal make sure it is proofread and edited. At A-Mentor we can assist you with the following:
• Identifying a suitable topic
• Outlining important research for your Literature Review
• Constructing your Research Methodology
• Analysing your findings
• Structuring a specific Dissertation Proposal
Contact us and you will soon realise how helpful we can be.